How Entrepreneurs Save Time with a Daily Schedule
Are You Following a Daily Schedule?
In today’s business world, entrepreneurs and home based business owners can learn how to be more productive and save time by doing one simple thing, follow a daily schedule.
Did you know that successful entrepreneurs are the ones who follow a daily schedule? It’s a known fact that busy people get things done in less time and are more productive because they follow a schedule.
Today’s article covers some simple suggestions to help you save time, get better organized and be more productive.
There is no doubt, that working for yourself is a great feeling and can be financially rewarding. But if your not scheduling your time to do money making activities then you are being sidetracked by repetitive tasks and distractions.
With so much going on in our busy worlds it’s easy to get sidetracked which can lead down the path to frustration and feeling overwhelmed.
I found that when I applied the following tips to my daily schedule I was able to focus better on the task at hand and got more accomplished.
Daily Schedule Tips
1. Cut back on repetitive tasks. Tasks that can be done once or twice are those tasks that will help you save time.
- Instead of checking your email five six or seven times a day schedule to check it twice.
- If you are using social media as a marketing venue then apply the same rule here.
- Schedule certain times of the day to follow up with prospects.
- Schedule certain times of the day to blog.
These are just a few examples of how to cut back on repetitive tasks. I am sure you get the idea.
2. Set a time limit for certain tasks. Often you will find yourself jumping back and forth between projects and not completing them. This is a time killer.
A guide that I use, is to set a time limit on projects or tasks. If you reach the end of your allotted time (lets say 30 minutes) and you haven’t finished your task, stop what you are doing and move on to the next task at hand. You can come back later and finish.
You can apply this guideline to the following tasks,
- Keyword Research
- Off page SEO
- Blog Commenting
- Social Media
3. Trim the Fat, (useless activities). Can you find useless activities in your daily routine that you can do without?
Take a look at what you do on a daily basis.
- What are your activity habits?
- Do you watch a lot of TV, that you could cut back on?
- Do you listen to the radio while in your car or do you listen to audio training CD’s or perhaps personal development CD’s?
- What do you do during your lunch break? Can you use that time to do something else like call prospects?
Whatever your daily routine is, I am sure you can find areas to trim the fat and replace them with more business related tasks or projects.
4. List of Simple Activities. Of course, we usually want to deal with the important problems first. But when we feel tired, stressed, in a bad mood, we find it hard to concentrate and we lose our time forcing ourselves.
A list of simple activities will help you finalize something and push up your productivity. And obviously it is always better to know you did something, even is it is small, than to realize you haven’t even started anything.
5. Money Making Activities. The most important task in your daily schedule should be doing those things that are considered money making activities.
Some examples are:
- Talking to new leads
- Following up with prospects
- 3 way calls
My best tip here is to schedule these money making activities according to time zones. If you live on the east coast schedule your local east coast calls first, Midwest calls second and west coast calls last. This way your not bouncing around all day deciding which calls to make when.
Find what works best for you and tweak what you need to make you things run more smoothly. Every time you eliminate duplicate tasks you are able to save time and concentrate on what matters the most. Building your network marketing business.
Until Next Time … Build Today For A Better Future Tomorrow!!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!